Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

post-its on skin

i've always wanted one and never could decide what to get or where to place it. it was a journey of knowing WHO I AM, WHAT I'M MADE OF and WHAT I BELIEVE IN. (of course, the sound of that whirring needle and the thought of it piercing my skin was lost somewhere, unconsidered, until that moment i had to actually face it, felt my heart racing and did a chicken dance, and almost fainted. hahaha!)

my first one were a group of words i know i will always believe in and will always be important to me. words said and 'given' to me  by someone who will always have part of my heart. i remember thinking that if things don't work out, i still won't have regrets because those are things that i will always want in my life and relationships. it was the perfect time. i had no doubts about anything. life was not perfect but it was when i felt love at it's strongest, and happiness overflowed.

i look at it now and i'm back at that moment when i first acknowledged how lucky i was that i have them in my life.

love. friendship. fidelity.

and i am inspired and hopeful.

my second one is a reminder of having balance and peace. it is my source for meditation. to focus. to clear my mind. i am alone living in a country half a world away from family. although i have been strong and resilient, i break down sometimes. i make wrong decisions. (and plenty of good ones, too, of course) i'm prone to diving into things with passion and intensity. impulsivity. with little regret, if there is even any.

it is scary to some people. stupid to some. but i have never been one to really listen to other people's shit. the only opinion that mattered to me was my mother's, because she has always been my rock. she always had my back, no matter what. she always treated me with respect and loved me unconditionally. without words, she has shown this to me. i didnt care about what other people would say and it served me well not to think about extra bullshit and drama these people on the outside create. i have never felt so at peace and free.

my third (and i am positive that it is not my last) is a reminder of strength. of meaning and purpose. these are the  things that i keep losing track of and i sometimes falter. and i sit down, clear my head and my heart and pick out what is important to me. sometimes, the simplicity of choosing to be uncomplicated is the best thing. it allows me to be a better person. to give more. to be unwavering. as the realities of life come crashing in, it gives me wisdom and strength to get through anything on my own. the tree, not only reminds me of roots and intertwined lives but of nurturing, loyalty and family.

No comments: